Sunday, November 27, 2005

 

Shivering in Germany - Sun God.. where are you

Oh! boy, am I not cold. I promise, I again promise, will not say a word against the (hottest) chennai anymore. Here I am, on a business visit to Germany (Aam I the only one available to do business?), shivering in the snowing (the first in the winter season in Dusseldorf I guess), not wanting to cook, clean or do anything the like, rather watch some movies or serials (excuse: too cold).
It was really bad yesterday, the roads are as bad (if not worse) as they would be in Chennai during the rainy days, the trams & buses running late (unusuallly), preventing me from moving out of the room. It was enjoyable, though , to see so much of white snow everywhere (rooftops, car tops, in my balcony). It was almost as if I was watching the English movie wherein , Steve Martin trying to go home for Christmas (Forgot the name of the movie, can someone help here), a decade back.
Today , of course, I am back to my usual self, having voice chatted with my family from all over (Chennai, Coimbatore, Keil etc) and also my friend in Chennai (Must confess that the snowing has stopped & could see the sun a little bit).
We cannot blame the Europeans anymore for sun-bathing

Comments:
Hey, welcome to the blog wagon!Know something, this is the third blog post on snow that i am getting to read. My friend leela had posted a week back about snow in US and watching it from her drawing room window.Yes, sun is good,though we do get an overdose of the same.
Picture postcard snow is preferable, and even snow on movies is eminently preferable; it makes great viewing; especially if it is the hero/villain who is trudging along.
Hey, keep it up!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?